Shave Right for the Right Appearance
Getting a great shave is important as it affects the way people view you and form their opinions about what sort of a person you are. With today’s busy lifestyle, people often have to make quick assumptions based on a person’s appearance, personality and demeanor. Although personality and demeanor take time to develop and change, appearance is comparatively easy to change for the better.
As they say, appearance is everything. Therefore, if you appear un-groomed, unshaven or scruffy-looking with razor burns and ingrown hairs, you will immediately be at a disadvantage to someone who looks cleanly shaven and well groomed.
Fair or not, a bad shave often means bad impressions.
Below are some assumptions people may make if you look un-groomed and unshaven:
- Lazy – If he is too lazy to shave and present himself properly, how is he going to get motivated to do well in his job or other aspects of his life?
- Poor time management – He can’t wake up on time to do his morning routine and still get to work on time.
- Doesn’t care – If he doesn’t care about how people view his appearance, what then does he care about?
- Entry level – Seasoned business men know that appearance helps to achieve success. Presentation is important in business and that’s a fact.
Fortunately, a good shave can also help present a good image.
On the other hand, here are assumptions people may make if you appear well groomed and perfectly shaven:
- Energetic – He looks full of energy and got up with enough time to make sure he looks his best.
- Motivated – He looks sharp and motivated to do whatever it is that he does.
- Cares about presentation – He knows that presentation and appearance is important, and cares about how he presents himself to the world, so he must be care about whatever it is that he does.
- A seasoned professional – He knows how to handle himself in business, and that presentation and appearance is important in getting the deals and getting things done. So with these thoughts in mind, how to go about achieving a great shave and improve your appearance?
Some Shaving Tips
Below are some tips to help achieve a groomed appearance and a great shave:
- First wash you face with a cleanser such as Zirh Clean. Zirh Clean is a daily cleanser especially designed for male skin. It contains glycolic acid, which is an exfoliator to remove dead skin cells and impurities from the skin, and malic acid, which helps to purify and remove bacteria from the skin for a clearer complexion.
- Prepare the skin before you shave to soften your beard and protect your skin. The Art of Shaving Pre-Shave Oil is specially designed to prepare the skin for shaving. The revolutionary formula contains a blend of essential oils which help to soften the beard, and make it easier to cut. Added botanical ingredients help to strengthen the skin and prepare it for a close and comfortable shave.
- Dry skin does not provide the smooth surface needed for the shaving blade to glide properly, and often leads to cuts and nicks, therefore, always shave on moist skin and use shaving foam. Zirh Shave Gel creates a great layer of foam upon contact with water and contains aloe vera to soothe the skin and reduce irritation, while seaweed extract nourishes the skin and calms redness. To create truly luxurious foam, use The Art of Shaving Brush with The Art of Shaving Shaving Cream, which contains glycerine and coconut oil to whip a warm, rich foam to hydrate the skin and lift up the beard from the skin and allow a closer shave.
- Always use a clean and fresh blade and discard the blade every month depending upon the frequency of usage. The blade means everything when trying to achieve the perfect shave, therefore, use a blade that is perfectly designed with the proper weight, balance, and a comfortable grip, such as The Art of Shaving Engraved Fusion Razor. Remember to always shave in the direction of hair growth and avoid shaving in the opposite direction, which is usually very irritating for the skin and leads to razor burn.
- After shaving, use an aftershave cream or lotion to soothe and refresh the skin such as The Art of Shaving After Shave Balm, which hydrates, soothes and freshens the skin. The addition of Grapeseed Extract nourishes the skin and leaves it looking healthy and feeling comfortable. Avoid any aftershaves that contain alcohol as they dry and irritate the skin, as well as cause ingrown hairs. If additional hydration is required, use an additional moisturizer such as Zirh Correct which contains vitamin C which brightens the skin, vitamin A to firm and tone the skin, and vitamin E to protect the skin from damage caused by environmental pollutants. This ensures the skin receives sufficient moisture and remains healthy and toned.